Lower back pain treatment in Singapore.
Singapore is of no exception when it comes to working from home.
Because of this, it is bringing a whole new dimension of environmental conditions that will develop musculoskeletal pain issues to the majority of people working from home. Converting their bed, dining room and kitchen to a work station of hazard for their physical condition.
LOWER BACK PAIN CAUSES AND CONDITIONS:
Causes of lower back pain can be complex, some of the common causes maybe due to over-weight, prolonged sitting, imbalance back and pelvic floor muscle, poor sleeping posture, weak core muscle, etc.
However, there are some which are more serious medical conditions like scoliosis, deformities of the spine that affect mostly females.
Other lower back pain maybe simply due to sports injuries and traumatized accidents, such pain symptoms can be chronic over time if no clinical diagnosis, right treatments and rehabilitation are well defined.
Poor ergonomics chair and table, can develop pain particularly for lower back.
Complaints of sciatic nerve impingement are prevalent due to poor chair support. Other complaints includes neck and shoulder possibly because of working in unconducive spaces and furnishing like a bed.
PAIN INTERVENTION PROCESS
Most lower back pain symptoms can be prevented simply by establishing:
- the intrinsic cause of the pain
- treat and reduce the pain scale
- rehabilitate and strengthen lower back core muscle
- thereafter, correct and prevent the cause of pain recurrence
IDENTIFY THE INTRINSIC CAUSE
Engage a clinical assessment or imaging of the pain symptoms, understand the deviated or changes of the musculoskeletal structures, degenerative joints or weakening of the ligaments, tendon, and muscles, injuries, or accident, etc.
- Once the underlying cause of the pain is identifies, treat it with the relevant therapy to reduce the pain. Most pain recovery takes a-while therefore, be patient, however find out the prognosis as well as the recovery period.
- Most lower back pain involves many structure of the musculoskeletal joints and various major and minor muscle groups. Unless the pain is radiated pain symptoms like numbness, tingling sensation and needle poking pain, such conditions are related to radiculopathy sensation due to nerve compression commonly in the L4/L5, L7/S1/S2 which are due to sciatica nerve, herniated or bulging disc. Such nerve compression severe related medical conditions that attributes to the pain may require orthopaedic intervention.
- One of the effective rehabilitation of lower back pain is to stabilize and strengthen the core muscle.
It is the inner deep part of the torso mid lower back abdominal muscle. It is the centre of the body gravity to provide a solid base and foundation separating our upper and lower extremities, to uphold our body against in our body movement for stability and preventing from fall.
Core stability and strengthening increase the performance of agility, stability twisting movement and much other functional training movements.
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Pain Clinic @ Wellness Philosophy has successfully delivered the desired pain relief methods and can further advice some of the work-related ergonomic changes to correct their work space at home to alleviate and prevent the recurrence of such musculoskeletal pain conditions.
Relevant stretches and exercises can be then implemented to their daily work-from-home environment, so as to balance muscles under tension.
We use state of the art technology clinical equipment to deliver safe, fast and effective result.
Call us now for details: 6223 -7170
or visit our website www.painclinicwellnessphilosophy.sg