Lower back pain Therapies in Singapore.
What Causes Back Pain?
Singapore is of no exception when it comes to working from home.
Because of this, it is bringing a whole new dimension of environmental conditions that will develop musculoskeletal pain issues to the majority of people working from home. Converting bed, living room, dining area as a work station is hazardous to physical health.
Causes of lower back pain can be complex, some of the common causes maybe due to over-weight, prolonged sitting, imbalance back and pelvic floor muscle, poor sleeping posture, weak core muscle, etc.
However, there are some which are more serious medical conditions like scoliosis, deformities of the spine that affect mostly females.
Other lower back pains may simply be due to pains caused by sports and accidents that cause trauma to the body. Such pain symptoms can be chronic over time if no clinical diagnosis, the right therapy and rehabilitation are well defined.
Poor ergonomics chair and table, can develop pain particularly for lower back.
Complaints of sciatic nerve impingement are prevalent due to poor chair support.Other complaints includes neck and shoulderpossibly because of working in unconducive spaces and furnishing like a bed.
What Are The Symptoms of Lower Back Pain?
Pathology of pain
Pain is definitely unpleasant and disruptive to our quality of living, it is a stimuli of the body communicating with our brain that we are hurt, injured, possibly tissue damages, fracture, or tear.
There is 2 classification of pain symptoms namely physiologically and psychologically, despite pain unpleasant stimuli it is also a protective and restrictive mechanism to limit our injuries or damages physiologically from further aggravation through inflammation and Nociception symptoms.
Classification of Pain:
Acute Pain Symptoms:
The pain symptoms usually last no more than a week or so and commonly may be just the strain imbalance muscle on the back. Such causes of pain can be prolonged hours of sitting and repetitive physical activities on the back. Achy and dull pain are the common symptoms
Acute Chronic symptoms:
Basically, it is intermittent pain that resulted from some injuries, accidents, or tissue damage. It comes and goes from time to time over a period of more than 3 months to a year or more. Common symptoms are sharp radiating pain from the trigger point to other parts of the musculoskeletal joints, deep aching pain sensation is common if the muscle is under repetitive stress.
There are various LBP conditions:
– is a type of Arthritis in the lower back that causes stiffness pain in the spine, it affects mainly men especially of the younger age, symptoms of pain vary from person to person. The vertebra spine which is affected may become weak and at higher risk of damages and may compress a spinal nerve root.
– Slip disc is a lower back pain condition that the soft jelly-like cushion that protects the 2 vertebrae from grinding and shock absorber from bodyweight protruded out from the spinal column. It compresses the nerve roots in the spine causing excruciating numbness pain with a tingling sensation, multiple slip discs can cause paralysis. Slip discs usually occur in the L4 – L5 of the spine.
Poor Posture Pain
– The prevalence of lower back pain is simply the weakening of the lower back muscle. The imbalance of the lumbar spine over prolong sitting that is poorly supported on the back stresses the lower back muscle. Poor posture like slouching when standing or seated can trigger lots of imbalance muscle spasms on the back.
– One of the preventable lower back pain is due to bodily excessive weight. When a person is obese, the additional weight in the thoracic spine tempts to shift the pelvic floor muscle forward and causes the spine to curve tremendously, it is also known as hyperlordosis or swayback. The downward weight-bearing condition will exert excessive pressure on the lumbar muscles causing tension, stress, and pain to the lower back.
How Is Back Pain Diagnosed/Assessed?
PAIN INTERVENTION PROCESS
Lower back pain symptoms can be prevented simply by establishing:
- The intrinsic cause of the pain – Engage a clinical assessment or imaging of the pain symptoms, understand the deviated or changes of the musculoskeletal structures, degenerative joints or weakening of the ligaments, tendon, and muscles, injuries, or accident, etc.
- Reducing the pain scale with therapy – Once the underlying cause of the pain is identified, undergo the prescribed therapy to reduce the pain. Most pain recovery takes a-while therefore, be patient, however find out the prognosis as well as the recovery period.
- Rehabilitate and strengthen lower back core muscle – One of the effective rehabilitation of lower back pain is to stabilize and strengthen the core muscle.It is the inner deep part of the torso mid lower back abdominal muscle. There are 12 major and minor muscle groups in the core, namely few; Pelvic floor muscle, transversus and rectus abdominis, internal & external oblique, latissimus dorsi, gluteus maximus, etc.It is the centre of the body gravity to provide a solid base and foundation separating our upper and lower extremities, to uphold our body against gravity in our body movement for stability and preventing from fall.Core stability and strengthening increase the performance of agility, stability twisting movement and many other functional training movements.
- Correct and prevent the cause of pain recurrence – Work-related ergonomic changes to correct their work space at home to alleviate and prevent the recurrence of such musculoskeletal pain conditions. Relevant stretches and exercises can be then implemented to their daily work-from-home environment, so as to balance muscles under tension.
When Should You Be Worried About Back Pain?
- Most lower back pain involves many structure of the musculoskeletal joints and various major and minor muscle groups. Unless the pain is radiated pain symptoms like numbness, tingling sensation and needle poking pain, such conditions are related to radiculopathy sensation due to nerve compression commonly in the L4/L5, L7/S1/S2 which are due to sciatica nerve, herniated or bulging disc. Such nerve compression severe related medical conditions that attributes to the pain may require orthopedic intervention.
What Are The Back Pain Therapies Available In Singapore?
HOW CAN WE HELP?
Pain Clinic @ Wellness Philosophy has successfully delivered the desired pain relief methods and can further advice some of the work-related ergonomic changes to correct their work space at home to alleviate and prevent the recurrence of such musculoskeletal pain conditions.
Relevant stretches and exercises can be then implemented to their daily work-from-home environment, so as to balance muscles under tension.
We use state of the art technology clinical equipment to deliver safe, fast and effective result.
Pain Management Therapy
Pain Clinic @ Wellness Philosophy has over 20 years of experience in Pain program and therapies for lower back and other relevant back pain.
Our methodology are non-invasive, no needles, drugs or surgery. We use various modalities intervention like;
- ULTRA SOUND THERAPY– for physical strain, muscle knot or soft tissue pain, ultra sound therapy relaxes muscle fibers and rapidly increases blood flow.
Ultra sound transmit powerful sound waves into the muscle innervated nerve with different intensities and frequency specifically to the patient’s condition, to alleviate pain inflammation, joints swelling as well as restore the scarring tissue.
Ultrasound speed up the repair mechanism through the high energy of pulses to heal recovery.
- NERVE AND MUSCLE STIMULATON THERAPY– Neuromuscular Stimulation intervention therapy is a mode of pain management that involves the passing of electrical impulses or currents through problematic painful lower back.
- With neuromuscular stimulated, it reduces swelling, joint edema and increases joint mobility and tendon extensibility.
- It promotes production of cell endorphins for pain relief.
- EXTRACORPOREAL SHOCK WAVE THERAPY (ESWT)– is a form of pain therapy which uses high energy shockwaves sound impulses, directed and released into the area of myofascial trigger points, and the scarring soft tissues of lower back area.
- It stimulates repairing of the scarring soft tissues, improves the imbalance muscle fibers, alleviates inflammatory conditions, stimulate bone collagen, prevent excess of calcium build up in the muscles of lower back.
- It enhance the body’s self-healing repair mechanism to relieve lower back pain and promote a healthy and ideal blood circulation going around the lower back. The Prognosis of Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy is more than 95% of success.
Our pain management therapy & intervention is fast, safe, effective and it is non-invasive.
Your Health, We Care!
Contact us now for more information and secure an appointment for a clinical assessment, diagnosis and understand your underlying intrinsic cause of the lower back pain.
Call us at 6223 -7170
Inquire with us now!
Call/Message us at +65 8282 7918 or +65 6223 7170!
GET IN TOUCH
WE’D LOVE TO HELP